Dry Needling is a general term for a therapeutic treatment procedure that involves multiple advances of a filament needle into the muscle in the area of the body which produces pain and typically contains a ‘Trigger Point’.There is no injectable solution and typically the needle which is used is very thin. These needles cannot fill fluid in the body that why it is termed as dry needles.
Dry needling is designed to reduce muscular pain. Dry needling physiotherapy practices are gaining popularity due to its health benefits.
This process involves the filling of small micro needles on the pain site. These needles cannot fill fluid in the body that why it is termed as dry needles.
- Quite similar to the acupuncture- Core for both treatments is needles to pierce the skin of the patient to trigger the zone. Dry needle treatment includes the use of hollow core, and hypodermic needles, specially designed for medication both treatments work for the same principle of hit the area in the body.
Neither of the technique includes the use of drugs, not even any kind of anesthesia, to enhance its better results.
- Improve the blood flow and circulation – when the out body gets injury, it results in compromising the blood flow due to happening vasodilatations effects. Dry needling physical therapy happens to cause relaxation of the muscles thus improves the blood circulation.
- Alleviate the level of pain – Dry needling helps to trigger point dry needling works to reduce the level of pain by triggering the muscles zone, and by reducing CGRP (Calcitonin gene-related peptide) or substance P.
- Decrease the spontaneous activity generated by the muscles – dry needling clinic Calgary use this practice t relax the muscles. Dry needling physiotherapy relax the muscles by casing its twitching or cramp. It also helps the muscles to regain its function and reduces pain.
- Allows targeting the deep tissues – IMS intramuscular stimulation is the best tool for the physiotherapist. IMS treatment Calgary practices this therapy to get reach to the deep tissues. This helps them to inactivate the triggers points and results in causing pain relief.
IMS therapy Calgary has very strong results on the clients.
- reduces the inflammation and nerve signals – Calgary IMS physio ensures that the use of dry needles enhances the work of anti-inflammatory mediators thus improve the inflammation process.
The dry needle has a good impact by balancing the dysfunction of the motor nerves; this automatically speeds up the motor signals. And improves the attention of the individual.
Although dry needle therapy considered as an evolution in the medicinal field, also it is well known for its long term tested, less harmful results.